Friday, May 18, 2012

Fill in the Blank Friday

I have a friend whose blog I love to follow. She started doing something called Fill in the Blank Friday and I really have enjoyed gaining some insight into who she is by reading these Friday posts. I want to be a more consistent blogger and believe this might really help me in this endeavor. So starting today, May 18, 2012, I'm blogging on Fridays and filling in the blanks. Here's Angela's blog if you want to follow her as well.



1.  Something that is very near and dear to my heart is reading and growing. Some days I get so absorbed in what I'm reading that I loose complete track of time. I love to read things that cause me to think and question what I understand to be true. I love to read inspiring stories or just plain old novels. I've recently started reading more material related to health and fitness and enjoy finding new exercise routines or healthy meals to prepare for my family.

2.   Today is good cause to celebrate because it's Friday and that means the weekend is finally here! And this weekend is going to be relaxing...no company, no parties, no races. Now, I love all those things but sometimes it's nice to just chill during your weekend.

3.  The most fun I ever had was really? I don't like this fill in the blank. I have fun in so many different ways that I can't really pinpoint a "most fun I ever had". I've been having fun lately thinking, planning, shopping and helping Chelsea get ready for her wedding. What a beautiful time in her life and I get to enjoy it with her!

4.  True friends are not just the ones that "like" you on Facebook. True friends are the ones that you can call in the middle of the night because you are sad and need to talk. True friends are the ones that will listen while you vent but then give you good sound advice.

5. Something that makes me terribly happy is watching my family grow and discover new things. I love this season because we are all in such different but fun new areas of growth. From the top down we are changing before our very eyes!

6. A good way to spend a sunny day is on my back patio listening to the waterfall from the pool while drinking some sweet homemade sangria. Oh man, I really need to get some of that going soon!

7.  My favorite celebratory food is a thick juicy steak with a loaded baked potato. I also love a slice of bakery style layered cake like you get at a wedding or fancy party. We had a wonderful cake at Chelsea and Chris' engagement party last weekend...dang I wish I had stashed a piece away for just this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment